Sunlight, please help us take heart
As our eyelids drift apart.
Boil the kettle, toast the bread,
Drag weary limbs out of the bed
And warm the water that anoints
The tired souls with aching joints.
Sing, you birds, and share your cheers
With half-awake and muffled ears.
Fry the bacon, brew the tea,
And hope that kind this day shall be
To those of us with sluggish treads
As we nurse our pounding heads.
This post is a charm written as part of NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month. Why not check out these other poems?
- A Charm to be Charming | Consciencenonsense
- Measure | Shabbysnap
- NaPoWriMo: Catchup | FredHerring
- A Charm Against Writer’s Block | Watchful Creature
- NaPoWriMo Day Three | Writing and Works
- NaPoWriMo-Day 3-Write a Charm | Rick Cagnolatti
- Pink Eye Charm | Samoan Sword
- Charmed, I’m Sure… | Spilledicecream
- A Charm against Negativity | His Coy Mistress
- Chocolaty Charm | NJSays