For this week’s challenge, you must write a fifty-word story. Not five thousand, not five hundred, but precisely fifty words.
Johnny could hear them coming. The beasts resembled dogs but were something more, something darker. He had to get away. A ladder stretched up a few metres from him, reaching up to the top of the nearest building. All he had to do was climb.
Shame he had no arms.
- 50-Word Stories #138 | boy with a hat
- Two of a Kind | Round The World
- Climb | katy warner
- American Pie | A View From My Summerhouse
- Take me with you | Capacity: Build it or Destroy it
- Around the Garden | Corned Beef Hashtag
- Weekly Writing Challenge – Fifty Words | At the corner of 14th & Oak
- Notice | christineespeer
- Goodbye | adventuresofaneverydaywoman
- Foiled Getaway | Bleached Bone Valley