Another day, another birthday. It’s a busy week!
Yesterday, it was Philip’s birthday. We didn’t have a party, really, but at least part of the day was spent eating cake and flying a remote-controlled helicopter (Shannon got him the helicopter because she hates us all and wants us to suffer)!
To explain Philip: He’s going out with Shannon, likes Doctor Who and is a ridiculous human being. He also has the bedroom next to mine, so he’s the one that’s most likely to be bothered by my music (sorry). Frankly, Philip was the person I expected to get on with least of all, because he struck me as a “sports guy” who didn’t really talk to anyone that much. And in part, I was right – he goes to the gym all the time, sometimes twice in a day, and stays in his room a lot of the time. But I was wrong about us not getting along, as he is now sort of like an older brother.
When I say he’s like a brother, I don’t mean he’s a super close friend, which is what most people seem to mean by that. What I mean is that we laugh and joke a lot, but we also take the piss out of each other a lot. And, of course, he also enjoys the Older Brother Traditions of wrestling me to the ground, throwing food at me or farting while standing directly in front of me. I guess those are just the perks of the role.
So happy birthday, Simba! I hope you had a great day, and don’t break your helicopter too soon!
One by one,
The time has
Come to put
And do what
Must be done
The bell is
The man is
It is time
For us to
Learn how to
Count to ten.
- Dreams of Fire | mcscriptor
- The Gaia Room | Voiceless Fricative
- Sky Diamonds | Salsachica’s Ramblings
- April the ‘Unlucky for Some’ Thirteenth | hangerfarmpoets
- The Bumblebee of Forgiveness, Sun/Son | Graceful Press Poetry
- No Ordinary Pub | piazzanewyorkcatcher
- Break It Down | Angela Hickman
- It’s a Life | Backwoods Walking
- The Sisters’ Room | Retirement Legs
- NaPoWriMo – Day 13 | Bob’s Blog-O-Rama