Considering I was only born in 1995, I guess it’s pretty odd that I grew up listening to music from bands like The Jags and Dexys Midnight Runners.
Back when I started this blog, I decided to do something called “Midweek Music” where I would make a playlist and write a little about it every Wednesday. While a lot has changed in my life since then, one thing that remains the same is my love of music. I figure it makes sense to continue this tradition, at least to a certain degree.
This week, I’ve mostly been listening to Sufjan Stevens’ two Christmas albums. They’re bright and wholesome, and they did a great job of getting me into a festive mood. Christmas, of course, is over now, so I’d best recommend another album – my go-to Sufjan album, Illinois.
Meanwhile, for my playlist, I want to do a little call-back to my older playlists. Here’s one prompted by Dexys Midnight Runners:
We Are Far Too Young and Clever
- Fall Out Boy – Young Volcanoes
- Dexys Midnight Runners – Come On Eileen
- The Killers – When You Were Young
- The Boomtown Rats – Rat Trap
- Steven Universe – Haven’t You Noticed (I’m a Star)” ft. Steven & Sadie
- The Alarm – 68 Guns
- Grouplove – Ways to Go
- David Bowie – Oh! You Pretty Things
- fun. – We Are Young
- The Jam – Going Underground
- The Dandy Warhols – Get Off
- Stornoway – Zorbing
- Talking Heads – Road to Nowhere
- Blind Pilot – I Buried A Bone
- Blur – He Thought of Cars
- The Big Moon – Sucker
- David Bowie – Drive In Saturday
- Young the Giant – Cough Syrup
- Talking Heads – Blind
- Supergrass – Alright
- The Style Council – Walls Come Tumbling Down
- Vampire Weekend – Diane Young
- The Lambrettas – Da-A-A-Ance
- Sonny & The Sunsets – green blood
I’ve also put this together as an extended list on Spotify, here. Happy listening!